January 10, 2010

yada, yada, yada

OK, I've said it before and I'll say it again......I am a bad blogger. I just can't get past the whole "pics" thing. I never remember to take pictures of what is happening in my life and if I do, most of the time it is with my phone and rarely with my camera. Then there is the whole "upload, edit, and post" part of the equation. Math is not my strong point and equations...........I admire all those who manage it and do all the fabulous things I love to read about. So... on that note....
I watched Julie and Julia this evening and am feeling inspired. (For right now anyway) I have decided to just jot my notes and if I ever get to pics, well, it will just be a bonus! So, here goes....
What I have been doing
~Knitting (I seem to always want to knit when it is cold and sew when it is warm)
3 Thorpes down and am ready to start the next. I think this is my favorite pattern ever. I found it on Ravelry and it is an ear flap hat which is great when it is very cold. My poor ears were always peaking out from under my hats and freezing but no more my friends. Momma has a new hat!!! Which leads me to the next thing...
~It has been really cold here for the last week and even tho they are calling for a slight warm up in the next few days, they are calling for snow showers tomorrow night. It has actually been in the twenties all this past week and that is just not normal for this area!
~I got a cover stitch machine but I don't know how to use it yet. Any suggestions?
~Playing in the icy snow and trying to explain to my 4 yr old about why we cant make a snowman. It's too cold. The snow won't stick together

All right, I will try to get some pics up soon but in the meantime, I will just jabber away here! Have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment