August 22, 2015

Seeking thoughts

The kids have went back to school but technically, they started school because they are going to a new school for them. Anyway, they are already, all 3 involved in an athletic activity which keeps me running. I have been thinking for a long while, that I might like to try painting furniture to sell. I enjoy doing it and even finding pieces to do it to, I just don't know if there is much of a market for it in my area and I don't really have a place to do it. I could clean out the detached garage but it isn't weather proof and isn't heated or air conditioned so that would really limit my productivity. (Let's face it. I'm not the most productive in the best of conditions, lol!) I think I have room in my sewing room. I'll just have to get a few pieces and try and see how it works out. Each of the girls wants their dressers painted so that would be a great trial, I guess. My husband says I should sell these

It's a darts scoreboard. I made him this one for his "man shed" per his request and he says he thinks I could sell them like hotcakes. I just don't know if my creative beast could be tamed with too many of these. Is there really a market for it? What do you think?

Interested in how I made this one? I picked up a cut piece of plywood that was left over from the cabinet door we built, painted it with chalk paint, created the scoreboard, title, and image using my silhouette, cut it out, stuck it on, and added a thin piece of wood at the bottom for the chalk to lay on (Not pictured because I didn't have it on yet when I took the pic) and called it done. He didn't want a hanger on the back so we just screwed it to the wall directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment